As of this week 2,999 famous persons (VIP’s) have died of cancer. The tumor type was recorded in 2,124 cases – of which brain cancer accounted for 230 (10.8%). Thus, Senator Edward Kennedy joins a growing list of VIP’s with this disease. Other victims have included:
- Movie people: Pamela Britton, Susan Hayward, Arthur Kennedy, Pola Negri, Ann Pennington, Zachary Scott, Alexis Smith, Francois Truffaut and Bobby Vann
- World leaders: Claire Booth Luce, Mo Mowlam and Sir Thomas Raffles
- Music greats: William “Cat” Anderson, Sergio Franchi, George Gershwin, Johnnie Mercer, Ethel Merman, Lou Rawls and Barnard “Buddy” Rich
- Sports personalities: Bobby Bonds, Milt Davis, Dick Howser, Walter Johnson, Tommy Jones, Wayne Maki and Pete Rozelle.
- Authors: John Galsworthy, Thor Heyerdahl, Chaim Potok and Mary Shelly.
The complete list is available at www.VIPatients.com – an interactive site that follows all of the diseases and deaths … of all famous persons, in real time. Users can access the medical history of a single “VIP” or generate a list based on disease and or profession. Or access all of this information with expanded content and functions on the new IPhone app = VIPatients.